Teach English in France
Would you like to work in France?
The general objective of the exchange programme is to provide an opportunity to French language learners to become familiar with French the culture and way of life, all the while sharing their own language and culture with French pupils.
The assistants support the work of the language department in the school they are placed in, under the supervision of teachers. They may do this with the entire class in the presence of teachers or conduct activities separately with smaller groups of pupils.
As part of this programme, about 100 Indian students are recruited every year to teach English in French public schools.
The assistants’ stay in France is from 1 October to 30 April of the next year.
To apply, the candidate must:
- Be an Indian citizen.
- Have student status (be enrolled in a university or an Alliance française in India).
- Hold a Bachelor’s degree (or be enrolled in the 3rd year of an undergraduate programme).
- Be under 35 years of age on 1 October 2019.
- Have a valid IELTS score (British Council/ IDP academic test) of 7.5 and above.
- Have a minimum level of B1 in French (DELF, TCF, TEF, etc.) or hold a B.A. Hons in French from an Indian university.
For further information contact Smriti PAHWA at firstname.lastname@example.org
Click here to download a descriptive of the programme in French
Watch an interview with former English Language AssistantRicha Sharma.