From International Women’s Day to Generation Equality
On the occasion of the International Women’s Day and the Generation Equality Forum, the French Institute in India, along with the Embassy of France and the network of Alliances Françaises in India, has decided to promote equality and inclusivity through a series of events from March to June 2021.
Equality events in India 2021
Wherever you are in India, take action against discrimination:
- Take part in our events
- Organize your own event and showcase it on the map.
Drag the slider and make your voice heard.
Thank you for your support!
Exceeded the limit of votes from one IP.
Slide the dot to the right to pledge your support
Equality Events Map
Your event related to equality will be displayed on this map.
Did you know?
- There are only 21 countries with women Heads of State and/or Heads of Government.
- More than 3/4 of seats in parliaments are still held by men
- 6.6% of CEOs are women
- Only 57 of the 900 winners of a Nobel Prize are women
- Jane Campion is the only female director to win the Palme d’Or in the Cannes Film Festival’s 72-year history. Until April 2021, Kathryn Bigelow was the only woman to have won the Best Director Award in the 92-years history of the Oscars. Good news: Chloe Zhao just joined her! She becomes the first woman of colour to win the Oscar for Best Director for “Nomadland”!
- Only 24% of the persons heard, read about or seen in Newspaper, Radio & Television news are women. Source: Women’s representation in society, UN Women.
- At the slow speed experienced over the period 2006–2020, it will take 257 years to close the Economic Participation and Opportunity gap. And it will take 94.5 years to close the gender gap in the Political Empowerment area.
Since 2006 the Global Gender Gap Index has been measuring the extent of gender-based gaps among four key dimensions (Economic Participation and Opportunity, Educational Attainment, Health and Survival, and Political Empowerment)
The Generation Equality Forum is a civil-society centred, global gathering for gender equality convened by UN Women and co-hosted by the governments of Mexico and France.
Over 25 years after the landmark Beijing Women’s Conference public rhetoric on gender equality has not been matched by action and implementation. Not a single country today can claim to have achieved gender equality.
The Forum therefore represents a key moment for gender equality advocates from every sector of society – governments, civil society, private sector, entrepreneurs, trade unions, artists, academia and social influencers – to drive urgent action and accountability for gender equality.
Equality initiatives by the French network in India
Subscribe to know more and be part of the movement!
Stories of Empowement
“Woman is born free and remains equal to man in rights. Social distinctions may only be based on common utility.”
Olympe de Gouges, 1791