After a year in France, Teaching Assistants pursue global careers in education, international business, public health, international policy and development, arts and culture administration, among other fields.
If you have a good command of English and French, you can:
Teach English in France.
Attend classes in French universities.
“Assistant d’anglais”, Teaching English in France, is a program offered by the French Ministry of Education. It is managed by France Education International (FEI), at the international level, and in India by the Embassy of France.
Under this programme, more than 150 Indian students are recruited to work as English-language assistant teachers in French public schools. The programme enables these students from Indian universities or Alliances Françaises to become familiar with the French language and civilization, while bringing the authenticity of their language and the richness of their culture to the institutions where they are employed.
- Candidate should be an Indian citizen or citizen of the country from which the candidate is applying.
- Should have the student status.
- Should have a degree (or enrolled in the 3rd year of the Bachelor’s degree).
- Should be under 35 years of age as on 1st Oct 2021.
- Should have obtained the British Council / IDP IELTS Certificate of Proficiency with a grade above 7.5
- Should have a good level of French: French B1 minimum (DFP, DELF, TCF, TEF, etc.) or B.A. French from an Indian university.
Application Deadline – 2nd December 2020
If you have any doubts related to the English Assistant programme, you can watch the videos below: LIVE Q&A sessions with the Embassy team that took place on 26 Oct and 2 Nov respectively.
Click here to view the replay of the first session: LIVE Q&A: Assistant d’anglais programme 2021 (26 Oct)
Click here to view the replay of the second session: LIVE Q&A: Assistant d’anglais programme 2021 (2 Nov)