After a year in France, Teaching Assistants pursue global careers in education, international business, public health, international policy and development, arts and culture administration, among other fields.
If you have a good command of English and French, you can:
Teach English in France.
Attend classes in French universities.
“Assistant d’anglais”, Teaching English in France, is a program offered by the French Ministry of Education. It is managed by France Education International (FEI), at the international level, and in India by the Embassy of France.
Under this programme, more than 150 Indian students are recruited to work as English-language assistant teachers in French public schools. The programme enables these students from Indian universities or Alliances Françaises to become familiar with the French language and civilization, while bringing the authenticity of their language and the richness of their culture to the institutions where they are employed.
- Candidate should be an Indian citizen or citizen of the country from which the candidate is applying.
- Should have the student status.
- Should not have benefited from the program of “English-speaking Assistants” in the past
- Should have a degree (or enrolled in the 3rd year of the Bachelor’s degree).
- Should be under 35 years of age at the time of the application.
- Should have obtained the British Council / IDP IELTS Certificate of Proficiency with a grade above 7.5
- Should have a good level of French: French B1 minimum (DFP, DELF, TCF, TEF, etc.) or B.A. French from an Indian university.
Application Deadline – 2nd December 2020
If you have any doubts related to the English Assistant programme, join us in a LIVE Q&A interaction with the Embassy team.
The first session will take place on 19 October at 3:00 pm over Zoom
No registration required.
Zoom session is limited to 100 seats. Attendees can also follow the live session on: https://www.facebook.com/cfindia
The session will be conducted a second time on 2nd November.