Join our Team
Institut français en Inde is recruiting
A Campus France Manager to be based in Bangalore
Fixed term contract – to start on 1st of July 2021
Institut Français en Inde (IFI) intends to promote exchanges between India and France in the field of culture, languages, education, academia and sciences.
The Campus France manager is placed under the authority of the IFI Director and IFI deputy Director as well as the Attaché for Science and Academic Cooperation based in Bangalore. The Campus France manager has got his office based at Alliance Française Bangalore. He/She strictly follows the rules and regulations of this entity.
The main duties of the Campus France Manager are:
- Do the promotion of French higher education and mobility mechanisms towards France in the schools and universities in the state of Karnataka in close connection the Attaché for Science and Academic Cooperation based in Bangalore.
- Regularly make presentations in Indian institutions to promote mobility to France.
- Advise, guide and help Indian students interested in pursuing studies in France.
- Conduct academic interviews as part of the “Etudes en France” program.
- Maintain privileged relations with the educational sectors of the states within her competence and promote their relationship with the French institutions.
- Organize events, assure information conferences and represent Campus France at educational fairs in his/her region.
- Ensure the good visibility of Espace Campus France and its activities in the media.
- Is involved in the organization and animation of regular online events: webinars, round tables, etc.
- Participate to Pan-India event operations such as Choose France Tour, PhD Tour, coaching sessions, etc.
- Participate to organization of events for the Alumni community “Meet the Alumni South India”.
- Provide assistance, if necessary, to Campus France Managers based in South India: Chennai, Hyderabad, Kochi;
- Report her work to the University and Scientific Cooperation Attaché based in Bangalore, to his Deputy and the national coordinator for campus France in India based in Delhi.
Skills & competencies:
- Good knowledge of the French Higher Education organization
- Excellent knowledge of the Indian Higher Education organization
- Very good writing skills in English;
- Ability to talk to large audiences and to be articulated
- Knowledge of analyze and prospection methods
- Organization skills and ability to work under pressure
- Reporting skills, oral and written
- Proficiency of communication skills (mailing, social networking, CRM)
- Proficiency in IT skills: office tools, computer knowledge, filing and pooling
- An experience in event organizing is a plus
- Teamwork spirit, involving sharing of values and exchange of skills within multicultural teams
- Ability to travel in Karnataka, but also in Delhi and other Southern States if necessary
Personal qualities required:
- Good listening skills and patience; curiosity; autonomy and initiative; sense of responsibility and public service; excellent social skills; proactivity.
Minimum bachelor’s level
Flexibility in the working time is required, depending on the sector’s activity.
Start date on 1st of July 2021. After a two-weeks overlap session with current CF Manager, a one-year renewable contract will be proposed, subject to a trial period of three months possibly renewable once.
Knowledge of French language is a plus but is not required initially (French class will be provided).
An application file (CV + photo, cover letter in English) should only be sent electronically to the following email address before 15th of June 2021: firstname.lastname@example.org
Note : Only selected candidates will be contacted.
In the Network
The French Agency for Development (AFD) is present in India since 2008, with over 2 billion EUR (16,000 crores INR) committed in favour of sustainable development projects. AFD works with Indian authorities to promote green and inclusive growth. Our goal is to support sustainable urban development, energy transitions, and ecological preservation in India through integrated and innovative approaches. Contributing to India’s ambitious climate change mitigation and resilience pathway is an overarching objective. In addition to its India Country Office, AFD opened a South Asia Regional Office in Delhi in September 2019, promoting knowledge management at a regional scale.
Within a dynamic country team, AFD is looking for a Project Manager to grow its Sustainable Urban Development Practice. Since 2008, AFD has invested 70% of its 2 billion EUR portfolio in sustainable urban infrastructure projects, across key areas including urban mobility, Smart cities, and urban services.
Key missions: Reporting to Delhi Office Deputy Director within AFD’s Urban development team, the Urban Development Portfolio Manager will lead a portfolio of AFD operations in the field of sustainable urban development. Working closely with AFD’s Team Leader (based in Paris) as well as other New Delhi sector Portfolio Managers, he/she will be responsible for the identification, design and monitoring of a portfolio of integrated urban development projects. This will include a primary focus on sustainable urban mobility projects (intermodality promotion, NMT); public space making; urban planning and governance (including public finance and local sector reform), as well as multi-sector integrated urban development programs, with a specific focus on secondary towns. Prospective business development will include emerging themes, such as waste management, social protection for the urban poor, urban health or new investment sectors for AFD. He/she will be also in charge of AFD commitments implemented by non-governmental organizations (NGO) managed directly by AFD Headquarters (NGO funding window).
The portfolio will not include utilities (water & sanitation) or the CITIIS program.
Activities include directly contributing to loan negotiation, project/program design, and monitoring of project/program implementation including procurement and safeguards. In particular, he/she will be responsible for coordinating with AFD partners on a daily basis, finding client-oriented solutions to drive operational performance and quality. The Urban Development Portfolio Manager will also be expected to contribute to policy dialogue, development of knowledge products and sector notes in the field. Specifically, an estimated 30% of his/her time will include contributing to AFD’s urban sector watch and policy analysis, including drafting urban sector notes, external/internal presentations and coordinating the urban team’s contribution to AFD Country and Regional Strategy, including impact monitoring.
- Qualification : Masters’ Degree in a field related to Urban development including Urban Planning, Urban Design, Mobility Planning, Public policy or a related field
- Three to four years of relevant experience in the fields of sustainable urban planning, sustainable urban mobility, urban governance or decentralization programs
- Familiarity with the Government of India and state government policies in the urban/municipal sector, with a specific focus on mobility and urban planning. Prior experience with international donors or public procurement is a plus
- Proficiency in engaging and managing a wide variety of internal/external stakeholders including Government, state officials, other donors, civil society, consultants. Demonstrated capacity to develop excellent client relations.
- Commitment to drive quality, innovation and impact across a range of projects (investment projects, technical cooperation programs, policy analysis) and ability to multi-task.
Commitment to learn and develop new skills.
- Strong analytical and writing skills, including demonstrated track record in supporting urban policy analysis and drafting regular notes and papers
- Willingness to participate in transversal tasks, including communication, in collaboration with other team members
- Flexibility, autonomy and self-drive to work as a part of a small, multi-cultural team
- Excellent speaking, drafting and editing skills in English. Knowledge of French a plus
Women candidates are encouraged to apply.