from 1st July 2021 to 1st March 2022
CALL FOR APPLICATIONS
This program aims at giving young translators at the beginning of their careers the opportunity to work with other more experienced translators and to gain a better understanding of the translation and publishing landscape in both countries.
The workshop is aimed at students, professors and professionals,
- Of Indian nationality
- Having a minimum B2/C1 certification in French language
- With experience in translation
Objectives of the workshop :
- To be identified as a new talent
- Be part of a community of professional translators
- Improve your writing skills with a recognized professional translator
- Get a personal feedback and advice between sessions to develop and update your skills
- Be certified by the French Institute in India
- Be selected for a further training in France at the CITL (Centre International de Traduction Littéraire) or in India.
- The training will be conducted by Ms. Léticia Ibanez
- The training will be divided into 5 sessions, one every two months, with individual tutoring between two sessions
- Duration of each session is 3 hours
- Literary genres: all fiction writings from French to Tamil
- Project: 2 pages from a book already translated by the applicant (French to Tamil) or a translation from French to Tamil of 2 pages from any literary work need to be submitted along with the application.
- Fill out the below form.
- Send the following supporting documents to email@example.com
- French diploma (highest level obtained)
- University degree(s)
- Supporting documents about your translation experience
- Maximum 2 pages of a translation project of a French title into Tamil
Your application will only be considered upon receipt of your supporting documents.
Application deadline: 30 April 2021
Selection will be based on the quality of the project. Each candidate must attentively read the application form where information on his/her professional background will be requested.
6000 INR payable to the French Institute in India by brank transfer (only for the selected candidates)
- 1st session: Thursday, 1st July 2021
- 2nd session: Wednesday, 1st September 2021
- 3rd session: Monday, 1st November 2021
- 4th session: Tuesday, 4th January 2022
- 5th session: Tuesday, 1st March 2022
Find out more :
Person in-charge : Christine Cornet, Attaché, Book, Debate and Ideas, IFI.
Contact: Akriti Ahluwalia, Project Coordinator
A French language and literature teacher, Leticia Ibanez holds a Ph.D. from Inalco, Paris. Her thesis focused on Mauṉi’s writings and their role in the construction of Tamil literary modernity. She translated Imayam’s novella Pettavan and Shobasakthi’s novel Ichaa in addition to some short stories from contemporary Tamil writers.